The MCBA is one of the most well-established county bar associations in the state. Enjoy the monthly Bulletin and support worthwhile charitable endeavors and committees that make Marion County the greatest place to practice law.
How to Join:
- Submit New Membership Form and mail $65 to address below. Membership will be processed upon receipt of payment.
- For questions, email Kim Taylor at MCBA.Membership@comcast.net
- Marion County Courthouse key card for bypassing security.
- Discounted local CLE programs.
- Members only announcements and court updates.
- MCBA Bulletin: includes court and other news and announcements from the legal community, articles introducing judges or attorneys, and other articles of interest on a variety of topics.
- Annual Events: Annual Awards Dinner, Court Staff Appreciation Lunch, Val Sloper Golf Tournament, Holiday Party (members-only).
- $65 annual membership fee.
- Membership is free for the first two years of practice.
- Law student memberships are free.
- Non-lawyers may pay $50 per year to receive the Bulletin.
- No dues are required from members who have been MCBA members for 50 years.
Become Involved On A Committee:
If you wish to get involved on a committee, please contact the current President. We have committees on Diversity, Court Practices and Procedures, Pro Bono, Continuing Legal Education, Events, Web Site, Bulletin, Medical/Legal, Historical, Mentor, Law Library, Judicial Selection, New Lawyers and Memorial. There are many ways to serve.
The Marion County Bar supports:
- Campaign for Equal Justice
- Salem Peer Court for Teens
- Annual court staff appreciation lunch
- Dinner event and judges’ reception for Marion County Bar Awards including for pro bono work.
- Annual Val Sloper Memorial golf tournament, to raise money for charitable endeavors.
- Several inexpensive but very worthwhile continuing legal education programs.
- Law Day activities