Enjoy the monthly Bulletin and support worthwhile charitable endeavors and committees that make Marion County the greatest place to practice law.
How to Join:
- Submit New Membership Form online and mail $50 to address below. Membership will be processed upon receipt of payment. Or,
- Print and mail the New Membership Form with $50 to: Marion County Bar Association, PO Box 333, Salem, OR 97308
- For questions, email Kim Taylor at Kimberly.Taylor@state.or.us
Membership Fees Include:
- A twelve month membership entitles you to receive discounts on local CLE programs and attend the famous December holiday party each year.
- Nonlawyers may pay $50 per year to receive the Bulletin.
- Law student memberships are $25 per year.
- No dues are required from members who have been members for 50 years.
Become Involved On A Committee:
If you wish to get involved on a committee, please contact President, David Briggs, email: dbriggs@SGLAW.com. We have committees on Diversity, Court Practices and Procedures, Pro Bono, Continuing Legal Education, Events, Web Site, Bulletin, Medical/Legal, Historical, Mentor, Law Library, Judicial Selection, New Lawyers and Memorial. There are many ways to serve.
The Marion County Bar supports:
- Campaign for Equal Justice
- Salem Peer Court for Teens
- Annual court staff appreciation lunch
- Dinner event and judges’ reception for Marion County Bar Awards including for pro bono work.
- Annual Val Sloper Memorial golf tournament, to raise money for charitable endeavors.
- Several inexpensive but very worthwhile continuing legal education programs.
- Law Day activities