How To Join The Marion County Bar Association
Enjoy the monthly Bulletin and support worthwhile charitable endeavors and committees that make Marion County the greatest place to practice law.
Submit New Membership Form online and mail $50 to address below.
Membership will be processed upon receipt of payment.
Print and mail the New Membership Form with $50 to:
Marion County Bar Association, PO Box 333, Salem, OR 97308
For questions email Kim Taylor at Kimberly.Taylor@state.or.us
- A twelve month membership entitles you to receive discounts on local CLE programs and attend the famous December holiday party each year.
- Membership fees are waived for lawyers in their first two years of practice.
- Non-lawyers may pay $50 per year to receive the Bulletin.
- Law student memberships are $25 per year.
- No dues are required from members who have been members for 50 years.
Become Involved On A Committee
If you wish to get involved on a committee, please contact President Mark Hoyt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have committees on Diversity, Court Practices and Procedures, Pro Bono, Continuing Legal Education, Events, Web Site, Bulletin, Medical/Legal, Historical, Mentor, Law Library, Judicial Selection, New Lawyers and Memorial. There are many ways to serve.
The Marion County Bar supports:
- Campaign for Equal Justice
- Salem Peer Court for Teens
- Annual court staff appreciation lunch
- Dinner event and judges’ reception for Marion County Bar Awards including for pro bono work.
- Annual Val Sloper Memorial golf tournament, to raise money for charitable endeavors.
- Several inexpensive but very worthwhile continuing legal education programs.
- Law Day activities