We’ve run out of mentors.
This year we are matching 115 students. As you may know, WUCL’s program, which started in 1990, is the first attorney mentor program in Oregon. We work very hard to match students and attorneys with similar practice areas or interests.
If an attorney is interested in participating in the mentor program, he/she should email Bev Ecklund (email@example.com), or call 503.370.6057 which student(s) and fill out our online mentor form.
Willamette’s College of Law has the largest practitioner-student mentor program in Oregon. Our mentor program pairs first-year students with approximately 150 lawyers and judges, who serve as mentors throughout the students’ three years at the College of Law. The program enables students to form a personal relationship with a legal professional, who provides advice and insight into the practice of law.
The mentor relationship serves as the first building block in a rich network of connections students will make throughout their legal careers. While the Willamette alumni network is strongest in Oregon and Washington, Career & Professional Development can connect graduates with alumni from across the country.
- Male, 35, interested in gaming law (lottery?) or anything; BS Business, Indiana University, MBA Global Management, University of Phoenix; grew up in Indianapolis, lived in Austin, TX last 8 years, avid baseball and softball fan, regularly plays golf, married.
- Male, 25, interested in medical or health law or any related fields; degree in History; from Seattle; volunteer for medical organizations; former manager/coach for select base organization, single.
- Male, 30, open to any area; BS Psychology and General Social Science, UO; loves fishing; former forester and wild land fire fighter; interned senior year at juvenile justice center in Bend; married with kids.
- Male, 22, open to any area; BA Business Administration, Univ Wisconsin; from Wisconsin, grew up in a small town of less than 2500; enjoys the outdoors, coached baseball, golf and basketball; interested in the frac sanding operations in Northern Wisconsin and its effect on the environment and community, single.
- Female, 28, interested in business, sports or entertainment law; Political Science, Gonzaga; MBA Northern KY; former Starbucks manager; married.
- Male, 24, interested in forestry industry/natural resources; BS Forestry WSU; from Cathlamet, WA; enjoys outdoors, hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, building things, travel and meeting people from all walks of life; former commercial salmon fisherman in Alaska and forester for Longview Timber; single.
- Male, 28, open to any area; BA Music, minor Biology, Truman State Univ; from Missouri; single.
- Male, 25, interested in public interest areas; BA Political Science,UO; former legal assistant business dispute arbitration for a Portland law firm, environmental technician; single.
- Male, 24, interested in business, corporate or consulting; JD-MBA student; BS Business Administration, UO; from Salem single.
- Male, 30, open to any area; BA Early Childhood Education, Antioch College; single.
- Male, 25, wants male mentor; interested in anything in government; Political Science, UO; former paralegal for Federal Public Defender for e-discovery, interned for Portland City Commissioner Nick Fish; from Portland, played rugby at UO, single.
- Male, 27, interested in government, state politics and policy making; Political Science, minor Chemistry, WSU; married with kids.